Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple (Rangasthala )is dedicated to Lord Ranganatha ( another name of Lord Vishnu). It’s an old temple situated in Chikkbalapur district in Karnatka not very from Bengaluru (apporx 60 Kms).
Innside the temple premises as you see above the carvings on the pillars are quite impressive. The serene environment there gives you a completely different feeling!
There is a very interesting fact about the the Ranganathaswamy temples of Srirangam, Srirangapattanam and Rangsthala. It is said that the idols on all these three temples where established on the same day and same time.
The temple architecture of Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple (Rangasthala ) is in Vijayanagar style. The Gopuram outside the temple was built by Vijayanagar Kings. It is one of the oldest temple in this area and is an excellent example of Vijayanagar style and architecture.
The idol of Sri Ranganathaswamy is 4.5 feet in length with Bhoo devi and Neela Devi sitting near the leg. Lord is in Yoga Nidra and his Shesha (Lord Vishnu’s Snake) is spreading his hoods like an umbrella and Vainatheyan is sitting below.
How to reach Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple (Rangasthala ) Chikkaballapur
Sri Rangasthala is situated in Chikkaballapur town. It is approximately 60Kms from Bangalore. You can take 2 routes
1) Bangalore -> Yelahanka -> Devanhalli -> Chikkabalapur (NH7 and has tolls)
2) Bangalore -> Yelahanka New Town -> Doddabalapura -> Devanhalli -> Chikkabalapur ( little bit longer , but no tolls)
You may also like: Hanuman Chalisa meaning
The side view of the impressive gopuram of the temple
Side view of the temple
Carvings at the entrance of Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple (Rangasthala ) – Chikkaballapur
The idol of lord Hanuman at the entrance of the temple.
Statue of Lord Hanuman at the entrance of Rangsthala temple
- Bayalu Basava Temple complex – Big Bull temple near muthanallur cross
- SRS Hills – Home to an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Revanna Siddeshwara
- Kempfort Shiva Temple – Bangalore
- Dakshin Tirupati , Hosur – A must visit for people seeking lords blessing
- kotilingeshwara temple – Shri Kotilingeshwara Swamy Temple ( Kotilinga )