The Wargal Saraswati Temple, also known as the Sri Vidya Saraswati Temple, is located on a hill in the Siddipet region of Telangana, India. Kanchi Shankar Matt is the current caretaker of the temple, which was built in 1998.
This temple is well-known for its Aksharaabyasa for children. It is a prominent pilgrimage destination near Siddipet and Hyderabad.
Saraswati is the major deity, and the temple attracts many families from the district and around the country who pray for their children’s education and careers.
Within its grounds, the temple also has a Veda paatshala. On the same hill, there are numerous temples dedicated to several deities.
This temple is located on a hillock near Wargal village. On the same hillock are the temples of various other deities, such as:
- Sri Lakshmi Ganapathi Temple
- Sri Vidya Saraswati Temple
- Lord Shanishchara Temple
- Lord Shiva Temple
Wargal Saraswati Temple Significance
The temple is situated on a hill near the village of Wargal in Telangana. Saraswati is the major deity, and it is one of the few Saraswati temples in the state.
It is one of several temples placed on the same hill. Most people come to the temple to see Goddess Sarawati and to pray for good knowledge and education.
Sarawati’s most auspicious day is during the Navaratri mula nakshatram, when people from all over the city come to the temple to seek blessings.
Archana, Arthi, and Abhishekam are daily rites performed in the temple. Within the temple, there is also a veda paatshala where students can learn and recite the vedas.
The temple exudes calm and serenity.
Everyday rituals are performed with great devotion, and the vedas chanted by the children in the veda paatshala within the temple provide pleasant feelings.
It is a wonderfully relaxing spot to visit where one can let go and pray for harmony and success.
Wargal Saraswati Temple timings
|Monday||6 AM – 12.30 PM and 4 PM – 7.30 PM|
|Tuesday||6 AM – 12.30 PM and 4 PM – 7.30 PM|
|Wednesday||6 AM – 12.30 PM and 4 PM – 7.30 PM|
|Thursday||6 AM – 12.30 PM and 4 PM – 7.30 PM|
|Friday||6 AM – 2 PM and 4 PM- 7.30 PM|
|Saturday||6 AM – 2 PM and 4 PM- 7.30 PM|
|Sunday||6 AM – 2 PM and 4 PM- 7.30 PM|
Poojas at the temple
- Aksharabyasam is a ritual in which children are taught to read and write for the first time. This is available from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day.
- Arathi, Abhishegam, and Archana are performed with great reverence for the Lord.
- Every day, roughly 100 individuals are provided free lunch in a large hall within the temple.
- Shani pooja is performed to the corresponding lord on each Shani Trayodashi. Following the Ganapati pooja and Homam, the Lord Shani pooja commences with a Taila Abhishegam.
- The temple lavishly celebrates the Dusshera holiday, during which many devotees come to seek blessings.
Wargal Saraswati Temple Architecture
The construction of the temple was initiated by a group known as Satya patam Seva samethi. In 1998, they began looking for a location for the temple.
They eventually settled on this mound, which housed the old Shambu Deva temple.
Wargal temple Official website
You can also visit the temples official website for more informaition. Pls click here
For Seva & Services – click here
For online donations – click here
Wargal temple address and contact number
Sri Vidya Saraswathi Shaneshchara Temples,
(Under Kanchi KamaKoti Peetham)
1-6-15, Gaddi Annaram,
Vill & Mandal: Wargal – 502279,
How To Reach Wargal Saraswati Temple
- The temple is located about 2 kilometers from Warangal.
- The temple is around 55 Kms from Hyderabad.
- The nearest airport is in Secunderabad which is 47 kilometers from the temple.
- Secunderabad and Kacheguda railway stations are the closest railway stations from Wargal. Also, there are bus services and private cars available from the railway stations.
- Frequent bus, taxi and auto facilities are available to reach the temple from the major cities in Telangana.
- Also, one can arrange for private vehicles for commuting and take Hyderabad – Mancherial Hwy to Wargal Rd.
Best Time to Visit the Temple
From October to December, the weather in Telangana is generally pleasant. There isn’t much rain, but the weather is windy and cloudy all day.
Visiting the temple during these months would entail visiting the temple, travelling to surrounding areas of interest, and enjoying the experience.
You may also like: Gnana Saraswati Temple Basar – Adilabad – Temple for Akshara abhyasam