In the state of Telangana , Alampur is a peaceful town located on the banks of the Tungabhadra River. Alampur is regarded as Srisailam’s western entrance. Here, a magnificent temple, the Jogulamba Temple and the remains of some earlier temples serve as examples of Badami Chalukyan architecture.
Jogulamba temple alampur telangana history
Many South Indian dynasties ruled this area. At the Jogulamba temple, the main deities are Jogulamba and Balabrahmeshwara. The fifth Shakti Peetha of the 18 Astadasha Maha Shakti Peethas in the country is thought to be the goddess Jogulamba.
The Jogulamba temple is regarded as a Shakti Peetha where Sati Devi’s upper teeth fell. ( The mythology of Daksha yagna and Sati’s self immolation is the origin story of Shakti Peethas. There are 18 Astadasha Maha Shakti Peethas and 51 Shaktipeethams in total )
The original temple was destroyed in 1390 CE. The temple was rebuilt after 615 years.
Jogulamba and Balabrahmeswara, a manifestation of Shiva, are the main deities in the Jogulamba temple. Goddess Jogulamba is depicted in this temple sitting on a corpse with a scorpion, frog, and lizard perched on its head. The Telugu name Yogula Amma, which means Mother of Yogis, is said to be the source of the word Jogulamba.
According to legend, Rasa Siddha, a famous saint who lived in the sixth century, had the ability to turn ordinary metal into gold and was close to the Chalukya ruler Pulakesi II. He was instrumental in constructing temples called ‘Nava Brahmas’.
According to the legend, the nine names of Lord Siva are the names of medicinal herbs told by Rasa Siddha and there are nine temples dedicated to each one.
These temples are the Swarga Brahma Temple Padma Brahma Temple, Vishva Brahma Temple Arka Brahma Temple, Bala Brahma Temple, Garuda Brahma Temple, and Taraka Brahma Temple.
The Siddha Rasarnavam is a tantric work, which states that if upasana is performed as per the prescribed Tantra, then using the medicinal herbs gold caan be created.
Some more details can be found here.
Jogulamba Temple timings
The temple is open on all the days of the week. Th temple timings are as below:
|Monday||7:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Sunday||7:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
How to reach Shri Jogulamba Temple Alampur?
- By Air : RGIA-Hyderabad Shamshabad Airport is the nearest airport and it is at a distance of around 200 Kms. You can hire regular taxi or public transport from there.
- By Rail: Alampur road is the nearest railway station. Alampur road is located at aroud 9 Km from the temple and is very easy to reach. You can take Taxi or auto from there to reach the temple.
- By Road:
- Hyderabad to Jogulamba Temple – Alampur, is located approximately 220 km from Hyderabad. Alampur is located on Bangalore Hyderabad highway and hence it is also easily accessible from Bengaluru.
- Bangalore to Jogulamba Temple – Alampur is aroud 380 Kms from Bangalore towards Hyderabad and will take around 7 hrs to reach
Alampur jogulamba temple official website – click here
Darshan timings and tickets
Alampur Jogulamba Childless Couple Pooja Timings
|Tue to Fri||Morning – 08:00 to 11:00|
- Tickets for Childless Couple Pooja can be purchased from the temple counter by 7:00 AM.
- Childless Couple Pooja Tickets Cost is Rs 800.
- Pooja Materials Required for Childless Couple Pooja are Kumkum 1 Packet, Turmeric 1 Packet, Blouse Piece 1, Bangle and Butter 100gm.
Alampur Jogulamba Temple Abhishekam Timings
|Days||Timings||Abhishekam Ticket Cost||No. of Persons Allowed||Men Dress Code||Female Dress Code|
|Mon to Sun||08:00 to 11:45||Rs.200||Couple or Single||Kurta , Payajama / Dhoti||Indian dress|
- Alampur Jogulamba Temple Abhishekam will be performed daily for Bala Brahmeswara Swamy.
- Devotees can carry Milk, Curd, Ghee or Honey, but not mandatory
Alampur Jogulamba Temple Rudrabhishekam Timings
|Days||Rudrabhishekam Timings||Rudrabhishekam Ticket Cost|
|Pooja on Normal Days||07:30 to 16:00||Rs.200|
|During Karthika Masam||06:30 to 17:00||Rs.200|
Note: Purchase the ticket from the ticket counter. Please wear traditional indian dress
Alampur Jogulamba Temple Kumkum Archana Timings
|Days||Kumkum Archana Timings||Kumkum Archana Ticket Cost||No. of Persons Allowed|
|Mon to Sun||08:30 to 11:30||Rs.300||Couple|
Note : Purchase the ticket from the ticket counter. Please wear traditional indian dress
You may also like: Sri Chamundeshwari Devi Temple – Mysore – Karnatka – Shakti Pitha